Innovation through collaboration to improve the health of the world's communities.
TGHC Annual Conference
Triangle Global Health Consortium Conference
Innovation in Global Health: Bridging the innovation gap between research and implementation
The Triangle Global Health Consortium held our inaugural conference on September 14-15, 2014 bringing together leaders and innovators from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, the international health development NGO community, and academia. Participants explored opportunities for cross-sector collaboration and advancing innovation from research to practice.
Links to the presentations can be found below. Missing presentations and additional links to photographs will be added when available. Please join our email listserv or follow us on Twitter @TriangleGH for updates and information on upcoming events.
- Dinner and keynote speaker: Ambassador Deborah L. Birx, M.D.
- Track A Morning Session - HIV/AIDS and other Infectious Diseases: Innovations in Research, Strategy and Technology
- Dr. Barton Haynes, Duke University, Infectious Diseases: HIV Vaccines – Near term results; long term promise
- Bobby Jefferson, Futures Group: Innovations in MHealth and EHealth – Impact and costs in low resource and low connectivity settings
- Dr. Andrea Liebmann-Vinson, BD: BD Global Health – Impact & Innovation
- Dr. Fay Cobb Payton, NCSU: Technology & HIV – Lessons on Affordances from the Millennials
- Track B Morning Session - The Global Burden of Non-Communicable Diseases: Innovations in Research, Strategy and Technology
- Dr. Elizabeth Mayer-Davis, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, Chair, Nutrition: Global Diabetes and Nutrition
- Dr. Gerald Bloomfield, Duke University, Cardiology; Global CVDs
- Dr. Jennifer Smith, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health: Global Cancer
- Dr. Thomas Hoerger, RTI International: The Economic Burden of Global NCDs
- Track A Afternoon Session - HIV/AIDS and other Infectious Diseases: Innovations in Implementation, Execution and Delivery
- Track B Afternoon Session - The Global Burden of Non-Communicable Diseases: Challenges and Innovations for Implementation
News & Announcements
TGHC is hiring a Social Media Community FellowNovember 11th, 2014
The Triangle Global Health Consortium is seeking a social media-savvy individual with excellent writing skills and a background in global ...
Curamericas Global, Hops for HopeDecember 4th, 2014 7:00pm
One of the most threatening events in the life of a Mayan woman in Guatemala is becoming pregnant. The indigenous ...
Ebola NC: Local Response - Global ImpactDecember 8th, 2014 8:00am
The recent Ebola outbreak in West Africa has resulted in an unprecedented number of Ebola cases with widespread transmission ...