Innovation through collaboration to improve the health of the world's communities.
TGHC Annual Conference
Triangle Global Health Consortium Conference
Innovation in Global Health: Bridging the innovation gap between research and implementation
The Triangle Global Health Consortium held our inaugural conference on September 14-15, 2014 bringing together leaders and innovators from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, the international health development NGO community, and academia. Participants explored opportunities for cross-sector collaboration and advancing innovation from research to practice.
Links to the presentations can be found below. Missing presentations and additional links to photographs will be added when available. Please join our email listserv or follow us on Twitter @TriangleGH for updates and information on upcoming events.
- Track A Morning Session - HIV/AIDS and other Infectious Diseases: Innovations in Research, Strategy and Technology
- Dr. Barton Haynes, Duke University, Infectious Diseases: HIV Vaccines – Near term results; long term promise
- Bobby Jefferson, Futures Group: Innovations in MHealth and EHealth – Impact and costs in low resource and low connectivity settings
- Dr. Andrea Liebmann-Vinson, BD: BD Global Health – Impact & Innovation
- Dr. Fay Cobb Payton, NCSU: Technology & HIV – Lessons on Affordances from the Millennials
- Track B Morning Session - The Global Burden of Non-Communicable Diseases: Innovations in Research, Strategy and Technology
- Dr. Elizabeth Mayer-Davis, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, Chair, Nutrition: Global Diabetes and Nutrition
- Dr. Gerald Bloomfield, Duke University, Cardiology; Global CVDs
- Dr. Jennifer Smith, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health: Global Cancer
- Dr. Thomas Hoerger, RTI International: The Economic Burden of Global NCDs
- Track A Afternoon Session - HIV/AIDS and other Infectious Diseases: Innovations in Implementation, Execution and Delivery
- Track B Afternoon Session - The Global Burden of Non-Communicable Diseases: Challenges and Innovations for Implementation
News & Announcements
TGHC Welcomes New Executive Director, Claire NealJuly 12th, 2014
Members of the Triangle Global Health Consortium,
On behalf of the board, I am very pleased to announce our ...
Imagining Global Health with Justice: UNC Health and Human Rights LectureOctober 3rd, 2014 12:00pm
With Lawrence O. Gostin, book signing to follow
Free and open to the public
For more info visit: ...
TGHC BK DiscussionOctober 9th, 2014 7:30am
Topic: MANDATE to inform effective maternal and neonatal interventions
Speaker: Doris J. Rouse, Elizabeth M. McClure, Bonnie Jones, Katie Moran (RTI International)
For details ...